The Ak-Chin Pavilion kicks off its 2016 Summer/Fall Season with Rascall Flatts on July 15 followed by a full slate of concerts through October. Shows at Ak-Chin Pavilion this fall cover everything from country, to pop to hard rock to rap/hip hop.
For those that haven’t been, Ak-Chin is an outdoor amphitheater that holds 20,000. The capacity makes it one of the largest venues in Phoenix but despite that the venue is remarkably intimate – probably a result of its amphitheater style layout. Ak-Chin Pavilion seats 8,000 in traditional seating up front and then another 12,000 on the lawn. Both areas are terrific places to see a concert but each has a slightly different feel. The seats are closer to the stage and have a better view which makes it feel like a more traditional concert venue. Even though the lawn is further from the stage, though, it doesn’t leave you feeling completely removed from the action like at an arena. Yes you’re further away from the artists on stage, but being on the lawn transforms the show into a more relaxed, almost backyard barbeque-type atmosphere – if you had Rascal Flatts, Black Sabbath or 5 Seconds of Summer appearing in your backyard of course.
Some of the shows this fall have 3 and 4 artists performing. Multiple artists and lawn seating creates an almost festival-like feeling for these shows, which is a total bonus.
- July 15 Rascal Flatts & Kelsea Ballerini
- July 17 Dixie Chicks
- July 23 Robb Zombie
- August 2 Weezer & Panic! At the Disco
- August 6 Brantley Glibert, Justin Moore & Colt Ford
- August 12 Jason Aldean, Thomas Rhett & A Thousand Horses
- August 20 Slipknot, Marilyn Manson & Of Mice and Men
- August 21 Heart, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts & Cheap Trick
- August 24 Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Kevin Gates & Jhene Aiko
- September 8 Fifth Harmony
- September 10 5 Seconds of Summer
- September 13 Counting Crows & Rob Thomas
- September 14 Daryl Hall & John Oates
- September 17 Profits of Rage & AWOLNation
- September 20 Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon & Tesla
- September 21 Black Sabbath
- September 22 Blink 182, A Day to Remember & All Time Low
- September 24 Mumford and Sons & Catfish and the Bottlemen
- October 7 Florida Georgia Line, Cole Swindell, The Cadillac Three & Kane Brown
Here’s a full schedule of Ak-Chin’s 2016 concerts announced as of July 13:in the 100 and 200 level sections are mostly covered but the 300 level section and the lawn are not covered. Being that we are (or should be) entering monsoon season, concerts are rain, shine or humongous wall of dust so just prepare accordingly.
The Ak-Chin Pavilion is located at 2121 N 83rd Ave in Phoenix just north of I-10.